Monday, March 15, 2010

Hello Dallas!I'm back and feeling pretty good about my explorations this week. I found a great new place to dine right around the corner from where I work. I LOVE crepes, and one of my new favorite places is Crêperie du Château.

It's a quaint little spot right at the corner of Routh St. and McKinney Ave. With all the hustle and bustle of sports bars and dives on McKinney, Crêperie du Château is definitely a serene midday retreat.

I ordered the chicken crepe which was phenomenal! They use what they describe as a "specially prepared wheat recipe" and the wheat flour they use is organic. The chicken was perfectly seasoned and the brown sauce (i don't know what it was) was delicious. If you're really hungry prepare to order something else from the menu however. They have a variety of sandwiches, soups and pastas among other things to choose from, and I'm sure it's all good.

Wait, Wait I'm not done...I had dessert too...

For dessert I made my own creation which was the Chocolate Sundae with strawberries and bananas. The fruit was fresh, and dessert crepes come with a side of ice cream and 4 towers of tasty whipped cream on each corner of a square plate... mmmmmmm.... mouth watering now!

It's economically priced, a great date place or a very good place to go close to downtown to get some peace and quite. They have a jazz brunch the last Sunday of every month and the service was incredible...for which I am a stickler. So, that's What's Good this week Dallas! Check out Crêperie du Château. I'll definitely be stopping in again soon!

http://www.creperie.us

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Kevin Walker said...

Tiff, I must try this!!! Good blogging!

Kevin W.

7:39 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home