Friday, March 26, 2010

This week, I went to a New York salon opening…. Beautiful models, couture designs, Manhattan house music...eeeeeeeeert, scratch that, dammit, I’m still in Dallas! For a moment though I thought I was in a Soho-chic salon with the beautiful people, but alas I am still here. Click, click, click...on to Oz!

Michelle Patrick Salon’s grand re-opening event was a real treat! I didn’t know people this cool and artsy AND stylish existed in J.R. and Sue Ellen’s town. Sorry Dallas, you know I’m still feeling you out!

The atmosphere oozed with energy and creativity. I was swept away by the ultra edgy sophistication of the staff, yet charmed by the warm southern hospitality of the Michelle Patrick Salon team.

Owner, Mattie Michelle has been in business since 2008 introducing what she describes as a new salon concept which combines, “both cutting edge and classic style for multi-textured hair.” This “new” concept certainly works well. I grew up in a salon, and I’ve never seen so many beautiful heads of hair from locs to natural hair to big textured curls to fro’s, to relaxed blunt cuts – whatever your preference, this salon can do it ALL! Not something you see everyday…

The edgy-warm theme continued on in the design of the new location, which includes two cozy, but eclectically remodeled houses with all the salon bells and whistles, hardwood floors, and walls adorned with contemporary art.

Her campaign, “I am my hair,” a dramatic spin on India Arie’s song entitled “I Am Not My Hair” embodies the great lengths women (and men) go through to look good. Mattie believes we are our hair, because it is an investment of our time, money and our overall look.


Mattie’s concept is way ahead of the multi-cultural curve in Dallas. She and the Michelle Patrick Salon team are a class act…professionalism and style all the way! Genius Ms. Mattie Michelle, genius.

4209 Herschel Ave
Dallas, TX 75219
214-909-3030

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Karie* said...

Thanks so much for your write up! The event was a blast! :)

2:19 PM  
Anonymous joshylofty said...

I was one of the models at the event. Great write-up! The event was awesome... Glad you enjoyed it as well!!! OH! & welcome to Dallas!!! :)

11:06 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home