Monday, April 05, 2010

I had the most fabulous Saturday -- ever! And...I've decided that Southlake is the new Beverly Hills! Wow!

I'd heard about Southlake, but since it was such a beautiful day I decided to drive out there to see, "whats good?" Apparently, EVERYTHING is ALL good in Southlake Texas! It reminded me of home, but in a beautiful, more sophisiticated way. Green grass, big beautiful trees, rolling hills and families enjoying picnics in the park. And did I mention that almost every home I saw looked like a castle? Um. When I grow up...

But, that wasn't even the highlight of my trip. While there, I visited an exquisite day spa. It's called Elixer Salon and Day Maker...and it certainly did make my day. It's a quaint little spa and salon on a corner inside The Village at Colleyville, which was like a modern, high rent Smurf village. It was a mixed development, shops and residential, with brightly colored stucco buildings and Spanish tile roofs. A place you'd probably never want to leave. There were grassy areas to lounge, boutiques to explore, a park to play and even a chop house to dine.

After my wonderful massage and facial, I took a walk around the corner to Milwaukee Joe's Gourmet Ice Cream. They make a variety of old fashioned hard ice cream. I tried Dr. Pepper, chocolate a l'orange (with Grand Marnier & chocolate covered orange sticks) and Wild Turkey & Pecan pie (brown sugar ice cream)-yum; but I settled on Buttered Pecan...what can I say I'm an ice cream snob.

If you have a free day I'd recommend you spend it just like I did...a long drive, a relaxing mid-day spa and some ice cream! Aaaaaaah...What a great day!

Elixir Salon and Day Maker
www.elixirdaymaker.com

Village at Colleyville
www.villageatcolleyville.com

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home