Thursday, May 20, 2010

What' Good Dallas? Did you miss me?! I haven't stopped exploring, but have been working on some other exciting things to enhance the Dallas experience.

Now to the good stuff...I don't know about you, but I LOVE a good burger every now and then. This was an unsuspecting dive (as my friend Kevin describes it) on the south side of Dallas. If you know me, you know I'm kinda sadiddy and won't dine just anywhere! But I trust my friend Kevin! :)

So where did we land? Lee Harvey's. I'd never even heard of it, but it really is a little dark joint with red vinyl covered booth seats and wood panel walls. I could still smell the stench of stale Saturday night cigarette smoke.

We ordered our food and went to sit outside on what I called the gravel front yard! It was a fenced in front yard, on a corner lot with what looked like a hundred raggedy picnic tables! Definitely a set up for partying and drinking with no strings attached!

I ordered a cheeseburger and the onion ring/fries mixed! First bite-delicious! It was the best burger I've had in a very long time. Everything was fresh, and you could taste the chargrilled flavor! I ate the whole thing! And I ate all my fried and onion rings! Clean plate award for me--for real!

If you've never been, I'd advise you to check it out. This is NOT a fine dining experience, but rather a place to go for take out or for just hangin' with your peeps (in jeans and a tank top) for a burger and a beer.

Be sure to go on a sunny day, so you don't have to be stuck inside with the smell of old wood and stale smoke. Ambiance-0, Food-10! And did I mention they have 1/2 price burgers on Tuesday? Check it out!

Lee Harvey's
1807 Gould Street
Dallas, TX 75215-2032
(214) 428-1555

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home